About Sipping Santa Barbara
Visiting a wine region for the first time is exciting but can also be a daunting experience. It can be challenging to remember and make sense of the appellations, geographical characteristics, soil types, and climate differences. On top of that, wine lovers need to consider how to spend their limited amount of time sifting through the many wines and wineries.
This book is meant to be an introduction to the wines of Santa Barbara County. It will provide the pertinent information to maximize your time in Santa Barbara. Through this book, the readers will be armed with information to get them started on exploring the wines and identify the types of wines that they might enjoy. From there, they’ll be able to branch out on their own and create their self-guided wine tour in Santa Barbara County.
What You Will Learn
- An introduction to Santa Barbara Wine Country, including the history, region’s layout, climatic features, geographical distinctions, wine grape varieties planted, and the who’s who.
- Impressions of Santa Barbara wineries: A summary of more than 50 top wineries in Santa Barbara, their house styles, contact details, and Google Maps geolocations.
- Restaurants and wine bars: Over 20 recommendations on where to eat and drink.
- Wine recommendations: Specific wineries and wines to try, along with wine tasting notes.
Antonio and Jeni Moretti are the proprietors of Moretti Wine Co. and the wine shop called Taste of Sta. Rita Hills, which doubles up as a tasting room for the winery. A visit to their wine shop is a real treat as Antonio and Jeni are passionate about sharing their wine knowledge. Also, the shop offers a wide selection of wines by the glass and most of these wines are from elusive wineries that don’t have a tasting room or are hard to make an appointment with. We recommend that you make this place your first wine-tasting stops in Santa Barbara in order to receive a personal orientation to the wines from this region!
Thanks to Antonio and Jeni, who have shown tremendous support for this book, Taste of Sta Rita Hills will be offering a free wine tasting for one person with every copy of Sipping Santa Barbara purchased. Please show your book to claim this gift.
Charine and Matthew have captured Santa Barbara Wine Culture with passion and aplomb, making recommendations that are amazingly sympatico with my local favorites. As a Santa Barbara winemaker since 1994, I offer enthusiastic praise for ‘Sipping Santa Barbara’ and would offer it to friends and family as a one-stop guide for planning and executing an amazing trip to one of the most underrated and bucolic wine regions on planet earth. If this publication doesn’t get you fired up for a trip to our Wine Country, nothing will!
Being from Santa Barbara, I have a lot to say when the topic of Santa Barbara wine producers comes up in conversation. Sipping Santa Barbara is going to be the primary source document I recommend everyone pick up when desiring to learn more about Santa Barbara Wine Country. From the formative producers to the most important newcomers, Charine Tan & Dr. Matthew Horkey paint a full picture of the diverse winegrowing that happens from the Southern tip to the Northern most point of Santa Barbara County.
Grab your copy of Sipping Santa Barbara now!
With a single purchase, you will receive the book in three formats, plus a free wine tasting at Taste of Sta Rita Hills.
- EPUB: Compatible with Android, iPhone, NOOK, PC, Mac, Sony Reader, and other eReaders.
- MOBI: Compatible with Kindle devices.
- PDF: Compatible with iPhone, Kindle, PC, and Mac.
Ready to plan your wine-tasting trip to
Santa Barbara Wine Country?
Step 1: Check out our Santa Barbara County playlist on YouTube
|Episode Guide |
1: Open the YouTube playlist in a new tab.
2: Use “Control+F” (PC) or “Command+F” (Mac) to bring up your web browser’s search box on this page.
3: Type in what you’re looking for in the search box and it’ll show you the episodes that contain your search words.
4. Go to YouTube playlist and find the relevant episodes.
- Bordeaux Blends from Santa Barbara – ft. the wines Baehner Fournier V3, The Paring Red, and Grassini Family Vineyards Articondo Red Blend [Episode 324]
- Classy Pinot Noir from Santa Barbara – ft. wineries Liquid Farm and Au Bon Climat [Episode 321]
- Chardonnay from Sta. Rita Hills – ft. LaMontagne and Liquid Farm [Episode 320]
- Presqu’ile Winery’s Pinot Noir and Chardonnay [Episode 319]
- Single-Vineyard Syrah from The Ojai Vineyard, Samsara, and Zaca Mesa [Episode 318]
- Unique Grapes Grown in Santa Barbara County – ft. wineries Baehner Fournier and Moretti [Episode 316]
- Higher-Priced Santa Barbara Pinot Noir – ft. wineries Lumen and LaMontagne [Episode 314]
- Grenach from Santa Barbara – ft. wineries Beckmen Vineyards, Lumen, and Samsara [Episode 311]
- Pinot Blanc from Santa Barbara County – ft. wineries Au Bon Climat and J. Wilkes [Episode 308]
- Estate-Grown Pinot Noir from Sta. Rita Hills – ft. wineries Ampelos, Dierberg, and Longoria [Episode 305]
- Value Driven Chardonnay – ft. wineries Au Bon Climat, J. Wilkes, and Lumen [Episode 303]
- Bonaccorsi Pinot Noir (John Sebastiano Vineyard, Fiddlestix Vineyard, Melville Vineyard) [Episode 300]
- Santa Barbara’s Viognier and Grüner Veltliner – ft. wineries Fiddlehead, Ampelos and Ojai Vineyards [Episode 297]
- Cabernet Sauvignon Wines from Santa Barbara County, ft. wineries Grassini and Star Lane [Episode 294]
- Samsara Pinot Noir (Sta. Rita Hills, Las Hermanas Vineyard, Rancho La Viña Vineyard) [Episode 292]
- Syrah Wines from Santa Barbara County, ft. wineries Stolpman, Ampelos and Qupé [Episode 289]
- Sauvignon Blanc Wines from Santa Barbara County, ft. wineries Grassini, Star Lane, Stolpman and The Paring [Episode 286]
- Value-driven Pinot Noirs from Santa Barbara County, ft. Au Bon Climat, J. Wilkes and Hitching Post [Episode 283]
- Rhône White Grapes from Santa Barbara County, ft Qupé’s Marsanne, Qupé’s Roussanne and Zaca Mesa’s Roussanne [Episode 280]
- Single-Vineyard Pinot Noir from Samsara Winery [Episode 117]
- Santa Barbara Wine Country’s Wrap-Up at Les Marchands Wine Bar & Merchants [Episode 116]
- Bien Nacido Vineyards in Santa Maria Valley [Episode 115]
- Wine Tasting in Downtown Santa Barbara [Episode 114]
- Exploring Santa Rosa Road in Santa Barbara County [Episode 113]
- Wine Tasting in Los Olivos, Santa Barbara County [Episode 112]
- Santa Barbara County: Round-Up and Wine Recommendations [Episode 111]
- Dinner at The Hitching Post II in Buellton, Santa Barbara County [Episode 110]
- Longoria and Brewer-Clifton in the Lompoc Wine Ghetto [Episode 109]
- Wine Ghetto in Lompoc, Santa Barbara Wine Country [Episode 108]
- Vineyards in Sta. Rita Hills, Santa Barbara County [Episode 107]
Step 2: Read the articles we’ve written about Santa Barbara
Food & Wine Recommendations
A Vinous Dream: Wine Tasting in Los Olivos
Sipping Buellton: Wines and Other Gastronomic Delights
Santa Barbara Urban Wine Trail: Highlights & Tips
Slumming It at the Lompoc Wine Ghetto
10 Wines to Try in Santa Barbara County
Santa Barbara Wine Reviews
Tercero The Climb 2010
Brewer-Clifton: Combining Expertise, Gravitas, and Nature
Step 3: Connect with us and sign up for our mailing list to receive the latest updates about the wines of Santa Barbara and beyond.